Wednesday 25 January 2012

Oscar Fever


With the announcement of the nominees for the 2012 Academy Awards yesterday I found myself getting quite excited -  it's Oscars time again and this means one thing: snuggling up on the couch in my pj's with a huge bowl of popcorn watching the A-listers strut their stuff on the red carpet. 


I am always glued to the screen for the arrivals but my attention tends to dwindle when the show actually starts, as im sure is the case for most people... It's an incredibly long winded ceremony with all the good bits like best actor and best picture spaced out few and far between.


That aside, its an annual event that I rarely miss and if I do, i flip through all the channels the next day looking for the red carpet hit's and misses and they never fail to entertain me.


I have put together some of my favorite and some of my absolute worst dresses over the years


My favorites...


Penelope cruz in Versace
at the 2007 oscars
Julia Roberts in her Valentino gown
at the 2001 ceremony


Michelle Williams in a gorgeous
Vera Wang design at the 2006 awards
Halle Berry in one of the most
famous Elie Saab gowns at the 2002 Oscars


Charlize Theron walked away with a best
actress award in this Gucci gown at the
2004 Academy Awards


Angelina Jolie in Marc Bouwer
at the 2004 event

Rachel Weisz wearing Vera Wang at the
2007 Academy Awards
Cate Blanchette in a yellow Valentino
dress at the 2005 ceremony


The worst I have ever seen...


Whoopi Goldberg wore this shocker
to the 1993 event
Cher at the 1998 awards show


Everyone remembers Celine Dion's
backward suit she wore in 1999
Demi  Moore thought it was agood idea
to wear shorts to the prestigious event in  1989

The infamous swan dress Bjork
wore to the 2001 awards
Uma Therman gets it very wrong at the 2004
Academy Awards


Gwyneth Paltrow had no support in
this number at the 2002 Oscars



Terri*

2 comments: